Thursday, June 20, 2013

Food Labels for Wedding

Well, I've got everything pretty much ready to go for the bake-a-thon.  Yes, that's right, I was crazy enough to agree to bake for my brother's wedding.  I'll be making about 15 cheesecakes, a surprise (shhhh...it's a secret!), the wedding cake (with a board game theme), and a bunch of cake pops.

I'm super antsy to get started, but I decided that I wouldn't start more than a week before the wedding, to ensure that everything was as fresh as possible.  (The cheesecake I'll start first--it'll stay good in the fridge or freezer for a really long time!)  Since I'm antsy, I created a project for myself--I'm making labels for each of the cheesecakes.

I'm doing each cheesecake in a different flavor.  This is for a couple of reasons:
  • I get bored easily, and if I make 15 identical cheesecakes, I'll go mad.
  • I like a challenge.
  • Inventing new flavors I haven't made before is fun.
  • I'm nuts.
Since every cheesecake will be different, I figured they might need labels.  I love scrapbooking, so I figured these labels could just be teeny tiny scrapbooks.  I decided that in addition to the name of the cheesecake, they would need a cute hand-drawn little icon.  Here's the finished product:


Here are some close-ups of my favorites:



 And, of course, I couldn't resist being a little silly on this one:


I'm really pleased with how they each turned out. I made them on card stock that was 6''x6''.  I cut each one in half (so it was 3''x6'') and then I folded them.  I cut the white card stock to be 2.5''x2.5''.  I drew the little icon, cut it out, framed it with a complementary color, and glued it on.  Hopefully I can keep these after the wedding, and maybe even reuse them.  They took a long time, but I think they're worth it!  Besides, it was something to keep me busy today, the last day until I can start the bake-a-thon.  

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO CREATIVE! Photocopy those labels before one or more get damaged or lost.

    I am amazed that you have time for a blog. You are WOMAN, and I hear you roar!!
    A.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would photocopy them, but I don't think they would look quite as good. Oh well. At least they'll look nice for the wedding.

      Delete